Monday, October 10, 2011

Lessons from the Lion Whisperer


This post has nothing to do directly with "Recognition", but is just some information about how powerful "Trusting Relationships" can be.

I just finished seeing a very unique and fascinating documentary on "National Geographic TV" on a guy, "Kevin Richardson", who runs a private wild-life sanctuary called the Kingdom in South Africa. The Kingdom houses lions and hyenas and Kevin cares for them in an unreal manner.

I picked the following words from his website: http://www.lionwhisperer.co.za/

"As a self-taught animal behaviorist, Richardson has broken every safety rule known to humans when working with these wild animals. Flouting common misconceptions that breaking an animal’s spirit with sticks and chains is the best way to subdue them, he uses love, understanding and trust to develop personal bonds with them. His unique method of getting to know their individual personalities, what makes each of them angry, happy, upset, or irritated-just like a mother understands a child-has caused them to accept him like one of their own into their fold".

1 comment:

  1. POWERFUL Stuff.. Very helpful for my healing. Thank You. I hope to someday regain my love of animals- It's already happening....but I will be there in time...BABY step. Thanks for this....Hopefully people will see your page cuz it's great. Thank You. I am Ellie but my friends call me Elle or ElleBelle.. Nice to meet you and have a wonderful 2014. Great page. Love from ALOHA OR near Portland. Keep up your AWESOME...I posted this on Tublr. Thanks.
    Love and Light- Elle

    ReplyDelete